Friday, April 6, 2018

Welcome Spring with Tracy Moreau

Easter has passed and Spring is here.. though you certainly would not know it from the piles 0f snow still laying around here. Oh well it will be gone soon , as the weather warms and the sun does her thing.

This is a fun and easy little Door Hanger , designed to welcome Spring and all who come to your door!

I chose the Pretty L’IL Heart wood canvas for this project, I loved the lacy look of it and the size and shape were perfect for what I had in mind.

I began by basing the whole surface with Lamp Black and then Pulled warm White in vertical strokes down the surface. I did this in layers until I got the “Dry Distressed” appearance.




I then applied the Script Stamp over the background is sort of a slap happy fashion.. I wasn’t worried about it being even or perfect.

I set it aside to dry before I began applying thin washes of thinned Media Fluid acrylics. I used Cobalt Teal Hue, Primary Magenta, Diarylide Yellow and Pyroll Orange, Green Gold. I allowed the centre to remain nearly white.


I traced the dragonflies on and painted the body Lamp Back and the wings with Gesso.


The small dragon fly is just Lamp Black.


I shaded the tips of the wings and the area closest to the body with a float of Bahama Blue, then Highlighted the body with small floats of thinned Warm White. I then stencilled polka dots onto the background randomly with Warm White.

I used a gel pen to sketch a squiggly irregular line onto the Wings. Then I cut out the Small text Label with edging scissors and decoupaged it in place with Matt Medium.
The Final step was to spatter the whole piece liberally with thinned Warm white, Lamp Black and Asphaltum. Added the pretty Polka Dot Ribbon and it was ready to hang!


For this Project You Need:

Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- DecoArt Americana: Warm White, Aqua Sky, Lilac, Asphaltum and Lamp Black.
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics: Diarylide Yellow, Dioxazine Purple, Primary Magenta, Green Gold and Matt Medium.
- The Brush Guys: Faux Squirrel 1827 Series: 1/2 Angled Shader, 1/4 Angled Shader, #2 Rigger and #4 Round  
- Dynasty Black Gold 206 Series: #4 filbert.
Tracy Moreau stencil Brush 1/2
- Stampendous: Vintage Letter Stamp #RS-R221

Designed By Tracy Moreau










1 comment: