Monday, March 19, 2018

Celebrating Your Life with Charlene Byrd

Hello Bloggers!
Charlene here! Thank you so much for joining me today! If you’re like me you are anxiously waiting spring! I am so tired of the snow, spring can arrive anytime now! The only good thing about the bad weather is that it allows me to work in my studio without feeling guilty that I should be doing something else. Haha!  


Today I’m sharing with you very special layout of my step dad who passed away last year. For those of you who follow me, know that we also lost my brother last year. It was a tough year Although there were a lot of tears shed while creating this page, it also warmed my heart to think of the good times that we had together. This photo was taken the last time that my mom and Trevor visited us in Ontario (they are from Alberta).  We went on a road trip through the Adirondack mountains to Lake Placid where we stopped along the way to check out many beautiful places and eat lobster (well they did, I don’t like sea food!). Like the journaling says, there are not many photos of the 2 of them together. I am so thankful that I snapped this picture.  We know now that this was the last time he was healthy as there were signs of him being sick while he was visiting (we just didn’t know it), it was a downhill battle for him for the next 9 months.
He will forever be in our hearts!




I stained the clock with Black Soot Distress stain and rubbed Pumice Stone Distress ink across the birdcage and the circle frame. To create the feather I stained it first with Black Soot Distress Stain and then added Distress Glitter with Glue N Seal adhesive.






Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:

Other Products Used:
- Basic Grey Paper
- Rubons
- Paper Doily
- Prima Marketing Flowers
- Cheesecloth
- Paper clocks
- Metal heart
- Lace

Thanks for joining me today! Until next time!
Happy Creating,
Charlene




No comments:

Post a Comment